So last Wednesday I received my first order of Bolt Action. I had decided to start a British Army as well, A. I British and B, the Yanks and Jerry had already been taken and I don't really want to start another massed infantry army, one is bad enough. (I'm looking at you Imperial Guard).
The Army is based on the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers, a local regiment (at least to me) that to part in the Italian Campaign and fought in the battles for Montie Casino. Along with this they are supported by elements of the 79th Armoured Division as armoured support. Yes I know that Hobart's Funnies fought on the Western Front so were the other end of the continent, but I am mainly aiming for a particular part of the division, specifically the 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards, another local regiment. As you can no doubt tell this will be a Northern Irish Army seeing as both regiments were based at Inniskilling Castle (now called Enniskillen Castle and is a museum dedicated to the city'd proud history)
So once they arrived I began to construct them with the care of a veteran model maker and within 4 days every single miniature was built. Now I have 1 lieutenant with an comrade, 2 10 man Tommie squads armed with Lee Enfields, Sten Guns, Thompsons and 2 Bren Guns, 1 2 man PIAT Team and 1 Sniper Team all of this accompanied by a Bren Gun Carrier which equals exactly 500 point. HURRAY!!
Anyway, as of writing this blog I have the Bren Gun Carrier, the command squad and the PIAT Team painted, pictures of which shall be on display bellow. Within the next few weeks I hope to get the rest of the models painted and unlike my Guard I'm taking my time with these guys as there won't be a mass of 100+ guys on the table in a game so I thought it would be best to take my time and paint them.
Right bellow is what I currently have painted up, appolgies for picture quality, all the good cameras in the house are either not here or on charge.
![]() |
| The mighty Universal Carrier out for an evening drive |
![]() |
| Here come the PIATs, the British version of the Bazooka (meaning its better) |
![]() |
| Above is my commander, the awesome model that comes with the Brit book, Captain Charles Upham, |
![]() |
| Eat bullets Jerry |
The last 2 photos are the current components of my command squad and while Cpt Upham hasn't been based its down to the fact that there was only 25 bases in the British Infantry box and so he didn't get a base as the rest were taken.
This has been Commissar Thompson.
If you have a problem with my nickname log all complaints to this guy.






No comments:
Post a Comment